Sunday, March 23, 2008

Commitment

Two weeks after Sam and I started dating again, I was sitting at home, on a Saturday night, watching Waitress. Sam was out of town and I had no car, so it was just a night for me. By the way, I love that movie. It made me very hungry for pie. But for some reason, I had this epiphany as well while watching it. This overwhelming feeling that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with Sam. I KNEW somehow, that I wanted to marry him, have kids with him, and that I was okay, like I never was before we broke up last semester, with being done with dating. I was okay with never kissing another man, never having sex with anyone but him, never being involved with anyone but him. And yes, I did lose my virginity, a week later.

I still feel that way, though I try not to think about it much, or plan or daydream, just because we are young and we have plenty of time to do so. I'm in no rush; I just feel like I know I'm where I'm supposed to be. It's a little scary sometimes, to know, but comforting as well.

Just something I wanted to share.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It IS scary but comforting to know exactly where you want to be. I've known with Matt since the first week we started dating/knew each other, and it's been scary and comforting the entire ride -- scary because it means so much, and would hurt even worse to lose (which I almost did), and comforting because that man is my rock and my heart.

I'm happy for you. :)
And I missed you.