Monday, August 18, 2008

Unemployed

I have no job right now. It's such a weird feeling, not to have something to do, somewhere to be. Of course that will all change with the beginning of school in a week. But I just....sit around a lot. Either my friends aren't in town, or the ones that are, I'm not really close enough to to bum around town with. We're the kind of friends who only hang out in groups, or organized events, you know? Scott, one of my good friends who is here, I see a bit, but I'm starting to think he might like me, even though he's definitely still getting over his last girlfriend. I just...don't want to see another friendship ruined because of it. Granted, I've stayed close with many guys who have liked me, ie, Adam, Ian, Luke. Tyler used to be on that list, but he stopped talking to me about a month ago. But Cody and I stopped hanging out/talking as much when he realized I really didn't like him that way/I started seeing Sam again. I guess I'll just act like I don't notice anything with Scott, and hope that we just stay good friends.

Anyways, back to the job deal, I'll be starting a new job (still childcare) in September sometime, but I'm just not sure when yet. My old daycare is closing, and so I (and Cate) will be helping out one of the families that went there by watching their one-year old son all day, and possibly their 3-yr old when he's done with preschool for the day. We haven't worked out quite all the details, but I'm excited. Until I'm "employed" (aka professional babysitter) I'm low on money and I hate asking my parents to spot me. I know they will, and I know they won't mind, but I like to be as self-sufficient as I can. I like earning money myself, having a job, taking care of myself. But it's hard sometimes, to balance it all with going to school full-time, especially because school does come first. But, luckily, it comes first with my parents too.

My Dad and stepfamily leave Idaho in a week, and I've got to say, it's been amazing having them here this last month. Partly because it's free food, and something to fill my time, but mostly because I"m not used to having family nearby. The couple who is living in their house in Deary when they aren't there is amazing as well. They rescue horses and have at least 10 out there right now, so I've been able to go horseback riding regularly, and they've told me I'm welcome anytime, even when my parents aren't here, even when they themselves aren't home, which is a huge compliment. Dock, a cop in Lewiston, keeps telling me I'm his new little sister and to think of him as family. His fiance is fun and sweet as well. We all have a lot in common, so even though they are 18-20 years older than me, I feel comfortable with them. I think instead of taking yoga classes, at least while the weather is still good, I'll spend money on driving out to Deary to go riding as much as possible. I can't believe I wasn't even around horses for 3 whole years. I had repressed jsut how much I LOVE it.

Hm. That's all for now. Till later.....

No comments: