Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Homework Avoidance

I should be doing homework right now, but that's a phrase I say a lot and everything also manages to get done.

I found out today James (for those who have forgotten, Scottish guy from the plane) is going to come up this weekend for my friends' HUGE Halloween/5 friends' birthdays party, with a couple of his friends. He came off as a little creepy at first online, but I'm getting the impression he's a nice guy. We'll find out this weekend. :D I'm trying to stay neutral and just see what happens, and nothing needs to, but man, when you've got a hot guy with an accent, it's hard to not let your thoughts wander.

Obviously, I decided to stay in town this weekend instead of attending my Grandmother's funeral. But once I explained Kelby and being stressed about having quite a few bad weekends in a row, and not seeing my friends in a few weeks and having a meeting and not wanting to miss school or work on Monday to my mom, she told me if I had decided to go with her to the funeral, she would have tried to talk me out of it. That's the beauty of having a mom who's a psychologist -- she understands the need to take care of yourself, sometimes before other obligations. So while I will miss being there to attend the funeral, and to see my Dad and my brother, I think it's best for me to stay. I don't like funerals, and I am grieving in my own way. I would rather remember her as she was the last time I saw her. And I sleep with quilts she made every night.

Other than that, just SUPER busy with school, and work and trying to get everything done to get my Child Care Licensce with the City (which I should have had BEFORE I started working with Debbie) I'll have a bit of it done by tomrorow morning, and I can turn in the first part of the forms. Then I just need to get my CPR certification, First Aid certification, four hours of child care development classes, and 2 letters of recommendation. Today I got fingerprinted at the police station! exciting....

Alright, back to reading my Social Psych book and Who Rules America for my sociology class.

No comments: