Sunday, January 6, 2008

Sitting Waiting Wishing

I play his hypthetical rejection in my head over and over, so it will be familiar the day it actually happens. Every day I do not hear from him tells me it is just like last time, and I was a fool to hope it would be different. Don't get me wrong, I don't regret it. I've learned something each time with Kelby, and that is something I do not want to lose.

I wrote this the day after. I do not feel this angry, or this hurt, but I was feeling creative, which I haven't for a long time.

Intertwined inexplicably,
Ravished words spoken heartlessly
Float on a tidal of bitter alcohol.
Messes of body parts and clothes
Slide against each other as broken pieces of glass.
Drawing invisible cuts not to be seen until
The morning after. Each kiss, so soft
In memory, but to the eye,
Bruises are the only remnant
On a naked neck.

No comments: